K4GSO – Home
We strive to serve all of our members in the best ways possible. Some of the many ways in which we do this we consider very important. Our key purposes: Friendship, Emergency Preparedness, Club Meetings, Special Events, Public Service, Net, Training Licesnse Exams, Hamfest and Repeaters.
We lost our tower and Mosley antenna in a storm in July 2013. Plans are in the works to replace the tower and antenna, possibly at another location.
by Jim Yandle, W4HTK
During the summer of 1947 three amateur radio operators and one “wannabe” decided to get together socially to discuss their favorite topic: Ham Radio. Those four were Mack Britton, N4DVR, Lloyd Lutz, W4RXL, Jim Yandle, W4HTK, and Johnny Williams, who became K4ANJ. A short time later Jim Stevens, owner of Stevens Communications, Inc., joined and was licensed as W4HCQ.
There was no thought of forming a club, —-Read More —
The Mission of the Silver Springs Radio Club is to promote and develop amateur radio transmitting and receiving in the Marion County Area by the training of radio operators and the assembling of communications equipment for the use of the members; the exchange of ideas and techniques in the operation and handling of such equipment.
To maintain emergency communications equipment at all times and make the same available for the convenience of Local, State, and Federal Governments in the event of a disaster.
Green Clover Hall 7:00 PM
- First Tuesday of every month
General Membership meetings
Green Clover Hall 7:30 PM
- Third Tuesday of every month.
- Industry Canada Rolls Out Updated Ham Radio Question Pool, New Exam Generator
- The K7RA Solar Update
- KickSat CubeSat to Deploy Smallest Earth-Orbiting Satellites
- Michigan Ham Promoting Civilian Conservation Corps Special Event
- 2014 Preparedness Summit to Highlight Importance of Amateur Radio
- CQ Names New Advertising Manager as Publisher Shifts Gears
- Hams’ Experimental VLF Signals Heard in the UK, Europe
- FCC Cites New Jersey CB Shop for Marketing Unauthorized RF Devices
- FCC Chairman Names New Acting Enforcement Bureau Chief
- New Website Offers Treasure Trove of Vintage Ham Radio Photos, QSL Cards